Located on a big basalt rock on top of a small hill, Malicas Castle, is an ancient villa dated back to 1900. The owner, Paolo Guzzetti, was a nobleman from Milan who, attracted by the natural beauty of this area, decided to build his summer and hunting residence.
The tower, completely made of stones, with battlements, two little decorative guns and a basaltic rock at its base, gave the castle a sort of suggestive look and lend it a perfect medieval style.
The signs of an ancient pre-nuragic population, the Domus de Janas, a sepulchral structure excavated in the stones, are still visible in the surrounding area but also inside the castle. One of the domus has been assimilated during the building of the castle. Originally it was used as a storage closet or granary and it is now visible in one of the room.
In town, the count is remembered as a short man with a big heart who finished his days miserably. Until mid ‘60s his villa, was still well kept, with indoor and outdoor fixtures in good condition and completely furnished. After his death, the property passed to his daughter Antonietta Guzzetti, born in 1904. Around 1987, the castle was acquired by the municipality, together with all the area around, which is now the public Malicas Park.